Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Depth of Field 2


Cutline: Bird of Paradise blossom in late summer at Pima West Campus.

Notes to self: This was the first thing I tried to photograph and I found myself constantly switching my settings and trying to follow the tip sheet as much as possible. Some were too bright others too dim and just before I was about to panic I took this picture. The top just radiated white and I had to crop vigorously there. Sidewalks on a sunny does not a good photo make. Although I do like the blur of the background. Especially on the left side. I like the contrast of the green to the left and the brown to the right. I really wish I could've cropped out that white line going through the top, but alas.

1 comment:

  1. Nice effort, though the second photo works better. I like the way the background converts to abstract circles. Good off-center composition. Try to find a spot where the flower is lit and the background is dark, rather than the opposite situation you have here. Keep looking until you find a place that meets your needs. (Hard to do when you're in a hurry, I know.)

    ReplyDelete